We would like to welcome our newly appointed board members, Samantha MacLeod and Ben Finn. Samantha, our new Vice President, has been active in our homeschooling community for several years. Ben has been an active member of AHEPS and has generously donated his time to become Director at Large in Communications. Both take their experience homeschooling in various parts of our province and enrich our board with their experiences and voices. Kirstie McLeod has also agreed to become one of our advisors. We look forward to working with them in advocating for home education in Alberta.
We are still seeking to fill the role of Secretary on the board, if you are interested or would like more information about the role please contact email@example.com
Our newly expanded board has been hard at work and in the coming weeks we will have many exciting updates and initiatives to share. Some of the projects we are currently working on are:
- Virtual GSA site is on the way that AHEPS is spearheading. This is an important step forward for homeschooling in Alberta.
- Attending and participating in the Inspired conference.
- Updating our website with new and valuable information for homeschoolers.
- Putting together volunteer committees to spearhead new efforts to create connections between homeschoolers.
- Preparing a new funding structure that will allow people to join AHEPS on a pay-as-you-can basis.
We’re very excited to be creating tools and sites that will encourage an inclusive community among homeschoolers while continuing to advocate for homeschoolers with boards and the provincial government. Regular updates will be sent out over the coming weeks and months to keep our members up-to-date. We look forward to your support and feedback as we embark on new initiatives to serve the needs of all homeschoolers!
Your AHEPS Board